Adding a Single Calendar to a Page
By Add Calendar Button
Note: This functionality does not work in WordPress 5.0+. To add a calendar to the post/page please use the shortcode as described lower on this page.
You can add an existing calendar to any post or page by using the Add Calendar button from your WordPress WYSIWYG editor. The button is located next to the Add Media button.
Clicking the Add Calendar button will open a pop-up with all customizable settings for the calendar. Make sure the selected tab at the top of the pop-up is Insert Calendar.
You can customize the following settings:
- Calendar – select the calendar you wish to be displayed in the page
- Display Calendar Title – select whether to display the calendar’s title or not
- Display Legend – select whether to display the calendar’s color legend or not
- Legend Position – select the position where the legend should be displayed in relation to the calendar
- Months To Display – select how many months you wish to appear
- Start Year – select the year from which you wish the calendar to start
- Start Month – select the month from which you wish the calendar to start
- Week Starts Day – select the name of the day you wish your calendar to start from
- Display Selection Dropdown – select whether to display the calendar’s monthly selection dropdown
- Display Tooltips – select whether to show the data you have added for each individual day as a tooltip when a user hovers over the calendar days in the page
- Highlight Today – whether to show the current day with a different color
- Show Week Numbers – select whether to display the numbers of each week in the calendar
By clicking the Insert Calendar button a shortcode will be added to the editor for you with all the information you have selected in the pop-up.
When this shortcode is inserted into your page or post (in the admin panel) it will generate the calendar with ID ‘1’ on the front-end, with all the above settings applied.
Here’s the meaning of every setting from the shortcode:
- id – (number) – the ID of the calendar, which can be found under WP Simple Booking Calendar > Calendars
- title – (yes/no) – show the calendar title (yes) or hide it (no)
- legend – (yes/no) – show the legend of the calendar (yes) or hide it (no)
- legend_position – (top/side/bottom) – the position of the legend in correlation with the calendar
- dropdown – (yes/no) – show the months dropdown (yes) or hide it (no)
- start – (1/2/3/4/5/6/7) – the start day of the week, monday (1), tuesday (2) …and so on… sunday (7)
- display – (1/2/3/…) – the number of months to show
- language – (auto/en/fr/etc.) – the language of the calendar, ‘auto’ will detect the language automatically
- month – (0/1/2/…/12) – the start month of the calendar, 0 means the current month, 1 means January, and so on
- year (0/2017/2018/…) – the start year of the calendar, 0 means the current year, 2017 means 2017, and so on
- jump – (yes/no) – switch all months to new ones (yes) or switch 1 month at a time (no) when clicking on the [>] button
- history – (1/2/3) – show all booking history (1), replace history with the default legend item (2) or grey-out (3) history
- tooltip – (1/2/3) – don’t show tooltips (1), show tooltips (2) or show tooltips with a red indicator (3)
- weeknumbers – (yes/no) – show week numbers (yes) or hide them (no)
- highlighttoday – (yes/no) – highlight the current day (yes) or not (no)
Was this article helpful? Yes (11) No (5)
We're sorry to see this article wasn't as helpful as we hoped it would be. Please let us know what you were looking for so that we can improve this documentation page.